Thursday, December 16, 2010

Concert

The African Bible College Choir performed in the semester end concert on December 3. They sang a beautiful Praetorius canon, "Jubilate Deo," an original Chichewa composition by Senior Linda Chiyani, and Keith Hampton's Gospel piece,"Praise His Holy Name."

We worked  diligently this semester on vocal technique appropriate to the style of each song. I love my choir. Linda composed, taught and conducted her piece. There is currently a great desire and need for new Chichewa compositions specifically for the church. Malawian composers like Linda are an incredible blessing to the worshipping community. Also, Linda has one of the largest and most beautiful voices I have ever heard. What an incredible talent.

If the internet speed increases, I'll upload videos. Until then, enjoy the photos.

 Dress Rehearsal
 Mirriam, Thandi, and Edith
 Some of the men
2010 ABC Choir
 Can you find me?

No comments:

Post a Comment